Cane Toad Busting
Come along to this one of a kind event – Cane Toad Busting – where you and your family can directly help Logan’s biodiversity. Council has partnered with Watergum to play our part in reducing cane toads numbers and in doing so, provide a safer environment for our native frogs and other wildlife.
Cane toads are highly toxic at every life stage, presenting a significant danger to pets, wildlife and agriculture. These pests spread at an alarming rate and we need to work together to reduce their numbers and reclaim our properties and natural areas.
As we explore Berrinba Wetlands, you learn all about our native frogs, how to identify cane toads, how to collect them by hand and then how to remove them from the environment. There will be a giveaway for the participant who collect the most toads on the night!
The Great Cane Toad Bust is a national initiative, held annually, to impact cane toad populations. We will euthanise and dispose of the toads humanely and responsibly after the event.
Can’t make this session? We have two other sessions in February:
- Please wear fully enclosed shoes.
- Please bring water bottle, insect repellent, bucket (ideally with a lid), a torch, rubber gloves and a litter picker (optional).
- Suitable for ages 8 years and over, parent/guardian supervision required.
- Bookings required for all attendees. Places are limited.
- Please make sure you are aware of the current COVID-19 restrictions and do not attend if you are displaying COVID-19 or cold/flu symptoms, no matter how mild.
- If you can no longer attend, please cancel your booking via Eventbrite to free up your place to those who are on the waiting list. Alternatively, contact the Councils Environment Team on (07) 3412 4491 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information email email@example.com and the website: www.watergum.org/canetoads
The workshop is delivered by Watergum as part of the City of Logan’s Environmental Events and Activities program and Citizen Science initiatives.
Please visit logan.qld.gov.au/environmentalevents for a complete listing of all environmental events and activities run by Logan City Council.
For more information & register visit the eventbrite event page here.